HVAC and Plumbing Services in Goldenrod, FL
Your plumbing and HVAC systems keep you safe and comfortable. When they break, you need HVAC and plumbing services in Goldenrod, FL.
At Air Tech of Central Florida, we’ve plumbing, AC, and furnace repair professionals who proudly offer a wide range of services ranging from fixing air conditioners to unclogging drains.
AC Repair in Goldenrod
When your air conditioning breaks on a sweltering summer day, you need repairs fast to keep your family comfortable and safe. That’s why Air Tech of Central Florida provides 24/7 emergency service.
Why choose us for AC repair?
- Expertise: We’ve served the Goldenrod area since 1988. With over 30 years of experience, we know a thing or two about AC repair. Our service technicians stay current on methods and products and can find a solution to any HVAC issue.
- Service: We provide a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. We offer comprehensive service in a prompt, friendly, and professional manner. With over 300 five-star reviews, your Goldenrod neighbors agree we’re the best!
- Pricing: We work hard to keep our prices competitive, and we offer free estimates so you can make an informed decision. For those who need it, we offer financing options.
How do you know your air conditioner needs repairs? Look for these signs:
- Water leaks: While your air conditioner might develop some condensation, you shouldn’t see pooling water or excessive water buildup. If you notice extra water, you could have a refrigerant or drain pan issue. Our professional plumbers can find and fix the problem.
- Unusual noises or smells: While a burning smell indicates a serious electrical problem, you might also detect mold or mildew. An animal or other organic material could even be rotting inside your unit. Finally, your air conditioner shouldn’t bang, clang, rattle, or buzz.
- Warm air: If your air conditioner only blows warm air, it like has a broken component. Lack of cold air could indicate several problems, including a condenser issue, refrigerant levels, or dirty coils.
- Stops working: When your AC unit doesn’t turn on, it signifies an obvious problem.
AC Installation in Goldenrod
While routine maintenance extends the life of your air conditioner, eventually every unit needs replacing. How can you tell you need a new air conditioner? These are the most common signs:
- Age: Your air conditioner should last between 15 and 20 years with proper maintenance. Once your AC unit reaches 15 years, however, you might save money replacing it rather than paying for all the problems of an aging appliance.
- High energy bills: Even with proper maintenance, an older AC unit runs less efficiently and causes your energy bills to go up. When you replace it with an upgraded unit, you gain the benefit of lower utility costs for years to come.
- Poor air quality: If your air quality is poor, including lukewarm air or air filled with allergens, your health and comfort would benefit from an air conditioner that can handle your needs.
- Frequent repairs: If your air conditioner needs constant repairs, you could save more money with a newer model. As a general rule, multiply the age of your AC unit by the cost of your most recent repair. If the total is over $5,000, consider installing a new one.
- Short cycling: If your air conditioner turns on and off rapidly regardless of your temperature settings, it could have an irreparable problem.
If you need HVAC and plumbing services in Goldenrod, FL, consider what type of air conditioner you want:
- Central air: These large AC units sit outside your home and utilize your ductwork to pump cool air throughout your entire home.
- Window unit: These models lay directly in your window and can heat one or two rooms effectively. They’re considerably more affordable than central air and ideal for small spaces.
- Ductless mini split: These air conditioners don’t need ductwork and can cool your home in zones.
Heat Pump Repair and Installation in Goldenrod
Heat pumps are an excellent option for year-round comfort because they provide both heating and cooling from the same unit. While they cost more to install, you’ll save money by not needing regular maintenance and repairs on two different HVAC products.
Heat pumps don’t generate heat by burning fuel like furnaces do. Instead, they move existing heat from inside your home out during the summer and move warm air into your home during the winter. Heat pumps are also more energy efficient than standard furnaces or heaters, so you’ll save even more in the long run on lower operating costs.
How do you know your heat pump needs repairs? Look for these common signs:
- Unusual noises: When you hear banging, rattling, or hissing, it can indicate a problem with the fan, compressor, or loose components.
- Poor performance: Is your heat pump having trouble keeping up with your desired temperature? Repairing or upgrading can restore your home to comfort.
- Higher energy bills: A broken or old unit runs less efficiently and causes an increase in your energy bills. Over time, you’ll pay more in energy costs than you would for a new unit.
- Short cycling: If your heat pump turns on and off rapidly regardless of your temperature setting, it means something needs repairs.
- Frozen coils: If parts of your heat pump are freezing, especially during summer, call us before you cause more serious and expensive damage!
When you need HVAC and plumbing services in Goldenrod, FL, why should you choose Air Tech of Central Florida to install a new heat pump? There’s no problem our experts can’t find a solution for.
With our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, you won’t risk disappointment. We’ll repair or install your heat pump with the utmost professionalism and without disrupting your routine more than necessary. Our 300+ five-star reviews prove we’re your clear choice!
Water Heater Repair and Replacement in Goldenrod
No one likes a cold shower, so when your water heater breaks, you’ll want a quick repair or replacement. How do you know your water heater has a problem? We see the following issues most often:
- Leaks: When you notice water pooling around the base of the water heater tank, it means you have an issue. Without prompt attention, it could continue leaking and cause more serious damage to the area.
- Smells: The most common unusual smells in water heaters are mold and algae. We can flush your system to ensure you don’t suffer the health risks of mold exposure.
- Cold water: If your water heater can’t perform its most basic function, you can’t take a hot shower or clean your dishes.
- Delayed heating: Your water heater should provide hot water in a matter of seconds. Anything longer indicates a problem with your heating element or the reduced capacity of your water heater.
- Noises: If you hear grinding or clicking noises coming from your water heater or pipes, something’s loose or grinding.
When you need a new water heater, what options do you have? There are two main types:
- Traditional tank heaters: Tank heaters take up a lot of space and run less efficiently, but they’re less expensive to install and maintain.
- Tankless heaters: These units take up less space and never run out of water as long as you install the correct size. They’re more expensive to install but run much more efficiently.
Drain Cleaning in Goldenrod
When your drain clogs, you risk a flooded mess that could damage your floors or expose you to sewage. When you need plumbing repair for your drains, call Air Tech of Central Florida.
We can handle repairs for residential and commercial sink drains, floor drains, bathroom drains, utility drains, and more.
Clogged drains can cause flooding and property damage, so consider them an emergency. In the over 30 years we’ve handled plumbing issues, we’ve found the following problems are the most common for drains:
- Shower drains emptying slowly
- Hair clogs
- Deep-plumbing clogs
- Solid matter clogs
- Overflowing toilets
- Backing up water
Sometimes you can identify a faulty drain before it becomes a severe issue. To catch a drain clog early, look for these signs.
- Slow to drain: If you notice your shower or sink emptying slower than usual, it’s an early sign of a clogged drain. Schedule an inspection before you suffer a complete clog.
- Standing water: While water standing in your sink is obvious, you might also notice it in your crawl spaces or walls if the clog is in a pipe’s joint.
- Bad smells: When hair, soap scum, cleaning products, and food build up in your pipes, they cause foul smells. These odors are an early warning sign of an impending clog.
- Bubbles: Bubbles show your water has trouble moving through the pipe. They’re often caused by organic material building up in your pipes or more severe issues with your septic or sewer system.