#1 For Air Conditioning Maintenance & Tune-Up Service in Longwood, FL
A properly functioning air conditioning unit is essential for a comfortable home. Florida is known for its warm weather, and the last thing you want is your AC breaking down in the middle of a hot summer.
For air conditioning maintenance and tune-up services in Longwood, turn to the reliable and knowledgeable team at Air Tech of Central Florida. Our AC maintenance service ensures you’ll never run out of cool air, even on the hottest days, and with affordable membership plans, you’ll never forget to schedule maintenance!
#1 AC Maintenance Tune-up Service in Longwood
When you call Air Tech of Central Florida, a NATE-certified technician will come to your home with an AC maintenance checklist that usually involves the following steps:
- Testing all controls to make sure they’re working properly
- Inspecting all parts for any signs of damage
- Tightening electrical connections
- Lubricating the moving parts
- Measuring refrigerant charge to determine if there are any leaks
- Cleaning the condenser and other components
- Changing the dirty air conditioning filter with a fresh one
Depending on the condition of your air conditioning system, there may be more or fewer steps to complete. If you have additional questions, your AC professional can walk you through the process from start to finish.
The Importance of Air Conditioning Preventative Maintenance
Whether your air conditioning system is old or new, it’s important to schedule regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Life gets busy, and it’s easy to put what seems like a trivial project on the back burner. However, if you wait until your air conditioner breaks to call a professional technician, you will spend more time and money getting it repaired or replaced.
In addition to saving money on a replacement, the benefits of maintaining your air conditioner include:
- Increasing the lifespan of your system: Air conditioning systems can last upwards of ten years, but without routine maintenance, they can fail a lot sooner.
- Energy efficiency: You can expect a more efficient unit when you invest in AC maintenance service. When a system is efficient, you’ll save money on your monthly energy bills.
- Convenience: AC units never fail at a convenient time. Preventative maintenance ensures you won’t have to face a broken air conditioner when you least want to deal with it—like during the summer months or when there’s company over.
- Healthier air: As your air conditioner circulates air throughout your home, it picks up dust, bacteria, and mold. A professional technician can clean your condenser coil and ducts, ensuring you and your family breathe fresh and healthy air.
- Maintaining your warranty: If you skip air conditioning maintenance, your AC manufacturer may void your system’s warranty. It’s best not to risk it.
To take advantage of these benefits and save money on costly repairs, call us at Air Tech of Central Florida and ask about our maintenance membership plans that include two annual maintenance appointments, priority scheduling, and emergency service when you need it!
Air Conditioning Maintenance FAQs
Air Tech of Central Florida is here to answer some common questions about air conditioning preventative maintenance.
Depending on the brand, some air conditioning systems require more service than others. A good rule of thumb is to get your unit serviced once a year, with periodic inspections in between. Our membership plan includes two tune-ups per year.
Are you hesitant to schedule routine air conditioning maintenance services due to costs? After all, if you don’t notice any urgent problems with your unit, you may assume you can wait longer to schedule a tune-up. Without frequent checkups, you risk shortening your unit’s lifespan, which means shelling out for a new AC unit sooner than you need to. Investing in maintenance is the best way to prolong your air conditioner’s working years.
In addition to calling our reputable company for routine air conditioning maintenance, there are some steps you can take to keep your system running as efficiently as possible. You can:
- Change your air filter every three months
- Clean the area surrounding the outdoor unit
- Use a garden hose to wash away any debris that may accumulate on your condenser unit
You can also talk to your HVAC technician for tips and tricks to keep your system running smoothly until your next tune-up. Taking these additional steps will make their visits even quicker and more efficient.
If you want to enhance the energy efficiency of your home, here are some easy ways to keep your air conditioning system running smoothly:
- Never block your vents
- Invest in a programmable thermostat
- Don’t spread your air conditioning unit too thin. Utilize alternative cooling methods like ceiling fans.
Optimizing your unit’s energy efficiency by performing these simple steps can result in lower monthly energy bills and top-notch functionality.